In Maersk Oil we are dedicated towards conducting our business in a fair and transparent manner. Our anti-corruption rule and guidelines are intended to help our employees who find themselves having to deal with difficult situations where ethical choices must be made. Global companies are occasionally exposed to unfortunate situations. Our legal department has established a set of compliance tools and training programmes to answer this question. These initiatives include:
- A Group anti-corruption rule and comprehensive guidelines
- In-person and online training sessions
- Use of due-diligence materials in selecting certain categories of business partners, e.g. agents, JV partners and large-scale suppliers
- Use of risk-based standard compliance contract clauses
- Ongoing internal monitoring as implementation proceeds, including gathering feedback on necessary improvement.
The programme incorporates elements from other companies' programmes, standards proposed by various NGOs and enforcement agencies, as well as significant practical input from our stakeholders.